Greenwich Triathlon Club Message Board

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

August 6th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: August 6th   Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:59 pm

So more people showed up to the Happy Hour last night than any workout so far! I like to see where the priorities are. Thanks again to everyone who came, we had a great time and I look forward to have many more happy hours.

Saturday Morning Bike

Matt will be leading a 50 mile ride from Signature Cycles at 7:30am. Following that there will be the Signature Cycles ride at 9am. The 9am ride will be approx 20 miles.

Monday Night Runs

Joining with the Running Company has been great for us. Starting at 7pm we will have two groups leaving from The Running Company store. We meet in the store prior to the run where water and Gatorade are readily available

Pictures

As usual Matt continues to do a phenomenal job with our website. Please check out http://greenwichtriclub.com/images.html. We have a great bunch of shots from members at their races. Please email any of your race pictures with captions to me and we will post them on the site.

Saturday Long Run

GTC Member Alex Dino will be heading our for a 18 mile run on Saturday and is looking for members to join; from Alex;
I am planning to run on Saturday 18miles, I will start at 7am to do 7miles then meet some runners at 8am to do another 11-12miles. Please feel free to join me, please email me if you’re running!!! I need head count for water, gu and gatorade allocation.
Thanks
Alex

email: auggie_d_2000@yahoo.com

8/15 Beginner’s Clinic, Ride, and Brick

What is a brick workout?!?! How do I change a flat tire?!?! What should my transition area look like.?!?! Come to our clinic on Saturday 8/15. Starting at 8am we will hold a brief informal clinic on race day essentials, changing a flat tire, and general maintenance. Promptly at 8:30 we will depart for an hour ride followed by a 20 minute run (the brick workout). Both Joanne and myself will be on hand for the workout so there will be plenty of support to accommodate every level. Following the workout any questions that were not answered during the early session will be answered.

This will be a great workout for our beginners and I anticipate making this workout a monthly or bi monthly occurrence. Please email me any questions or concerns regarding the clinic. Please also email me to let me know you’re coming so I have an idea of attendance.

We will meet around the lake in Bruce Park. Hopefully this link works for directions, but email me if not.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&ei=op54SvfUJMymlAe3w7WZBQ&hl=en&msa=0&ll=41.022213,-73.609772&spn=0.010069,0.022724&z=16&msid=103190408656215117428.00047057053bc12b20ba3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://greenwichtriclub.forumotion.com

August 6th
Page 1 of 1