Greenwich Triathlon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenwich Triathlon Club Message Board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

August 11th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-26

August 11th Empty
PostSubject: August 11th   August 11th EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Alex Dino will be leading tonight’s track workout. Given the increase in participants we are going to add 2 profiles to the track workouts. Profile 1 will be geared towards our beginner runners and Profile 2 will provide our more experienced runners with a workout. I will also be posting all the track workouts on the message board forum off the GTC website for those interested or for those who miss the workouts.

**workout meets at Havemeyer field behind center field by the staircase

Profile 1:
Warmup; 2 loops
Mainset: 4 x 200 with a 200 recovery.
• Sprint half a lap (200 yards) and easy jog/walk the remaining lap (200 yards)
• Repeat this workout 4x
• If the recovery 200 does not provide a long enough rest, feel free to walk more or stop to catch your breath.
• Optional: 1 x 400 sprint
o 1 full loop around the track as fast as you can. If doing allow 2-5 minute rest from the 4 x 200
• Cooldown: 2 lap and stretch

Profile 2:
Warmup: 2-4 loops
Mainset: 2 x 400 (90 seconds rest), 1 x 1600 (learn to pace yourself and goal is to negative split each lap), 2 x 400
Cooldown: 2-4 loops and stretch

We have a great amount of response for the Beginner’s Clinic that we will be holding this Saturday 8/15. Please email me if you plan to attend.

8/15 Beginner’s Clinic, Ride, and Brick

What is a brick workout?!?! How do I change a flat tire?!?! What should my transition area look like.?!?! Come to our clinic on Saturday 8/15. Starting at 8am we will hold a brief informal clinic on race day essentials, changing a flat tire, and general maintenance. Promptly at 8:30 we will depart for an hour ride followed by a 20 minute run (the brick workout). Both Joanne and myself will be on hand for the workout so there will be plenty of support to accommodate every level. Following the workout any questions that were not answered during the early session will be answered.
This will be a great workout for our beginners and I anticipate making this workout a monthly or bi monthly occurrence. Please email me any questions or concerns regarding the clinic. Please also email me to let me know you’re coming so I have an idea of attendance.
We will meet around the lake in Bruce Park. Hopefully this link works for directions, but email me if not.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?client=safari&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF8&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&ei=op54SvfUJMymlAe3w7WZBQ&hl=en&msa=0&ll=41.022213,-73.609772&spn=0.010069,0.022724&z=16&msid=103190408656215117428.00047057053bc12b20ba3
Back to top Go down
https://greenwichtriclub.forumotion.com

August 11th
Page 1 of 1