Greenwich Triathlon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenwich Triathlon Club Message Board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

November 16th

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2009-02-26

November 16th Empty
PostSubject: November 16th   November 16th EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 9:00 pm

11/16 Announcements

First, CONGRATULATIONS to Joanne for placing 5th in her AG at Ironman World Championship! From Joanne: Mini report: time trial swim start(what's that?), fast and flat bike with infamous drafting, hot run w/tummy ache....still got me in at 6:11....and.... 5th place in age group giving me a walk up to the podium....yay!!!!
More to follow...Xx to u all, Joanne

Check out our Blog! (can be accessed off of the homepage). Great stories from Tricia, Michele, Terri, Hiro, and Susan. You’ll have to read on your own but some highlights include: going head to head with a 12 year old, taking a shower midway through a triathlon, and racing-only to drink a beer.

Thanks so much to all who posted stories and also Ross for hooking us up with the tickets to the Vineyard Vine sale

GTC Swim Program

Come to the Boys and Girls club this Wednesday night at 8:30pm. We will be using the facility for our upcoming Swim Series. I will be better able to describe the program in full on Wednesday night but essentially GTC will be offering members a 15 week swim program that will have you ready to race for 2010. Myself and Joanne will be coaching the team. We will have enough lanes and enough diversity at each workout that everyone will benefit from this program. Also having 2 coaches will allow the club members to receive individual attention when needed.

Plans for GTC Swim Program
• Beginner emphasized workouts
• Master Swimmer designed workouts for more experience members
• “Wetsuit Night”, periodically we’ll get those wetsuits out of storage and tri them out
• “Race Day”-everyone in. No more lanes! We’ll have mock swim starts and group lap swimming to prepare for race day.
• “Buoy Turns”-what’s the best way to turn at a buoy?

I am really excited to finally be able to offer this program to the club. The Boys and Girls club offers an amazing facility for the program, complete with full locker room and showers as well a state of the art swimming pool. We will also have full and sole access to the pool during these workouts

Workouts will be Monday and Thursday evenings at 8:30pm
Cost for 15 week program will be $325

Please email me if you plan to attend this Wednesday’s open swim at the Boys and Girls club this Wednesday
Back to top Go down
https://greenwichtriclub.forumotion.com

November 16th
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Greenwich Triathlon Club :: Announcements-
Jump to: