Greenwich Triathlon Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenwich Triathlon Club Message Board

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mhorgan

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich Empty
PostSubject: Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich   Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich EmptyWed Mar 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Hi -

I guess I'll be the first to post something here.

I'm relatively new to Greenwich and am neck deep in my training for the upcoming year. I've spent more time than I'd like to admit on my computrainer in my house and now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm starting to think about some good long rides outside.

Does anyone have any good routes mapped out - like a 50 mile circuit with some good rollers etc in and around Greenwich? Last time I trained I lived in the city and headed up to Bear Mountain/Harriman park every weekend and now that I'm in the burbs I was hoping to cut the 2 hr round trip commute out and do some good long routes around home.

Thanks,

-mike
Back to top Go down
matt

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich   Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 4:19 pm

Hey Mike, definitely a lot of possibilities for a good 50 miler out of Greenwich. Below is a link to a roughly 50 mile ride I like to do, its leaving from the Cos Cob area but if you are in central Greenwich its easy to get out to the first main road Stanwich, or you can head directly out on North Street which will take you into Bedford and intersect this ride. Mile 10 to roughly mile 14 (before the route intersects rt 22) is a great time trial effort early in the ride. There are a few small rollers but you should be able to stay in the big ring and aero without a problem. 121 and 123 have similar time trial efforts as well. Overall there are some good rollers and a couple of steady climbs but some great flats as well. The ride hits town areas in Bedford, Pound Ridge, Lewisboro and Scott's Corners so there are a few places to refuel along the way if necessary.

I am planning to head out on Saturday morning, looking to do 65 but can loop back through the area @50, if your interested email me at matt@greenwichtriclub.com.

Also, we are going to build out some cue sheets on the site as well for 20-100 mile distance rides. Plus once the club rides kick off it will be a great opportunity to get more familiar with the area.

50 miler-
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/ct/cos-cob/262123688672794899
Back to top Go down

Good long Bike Ride Courses in/around Greenwich
Page 1 of 1